The Executive Council wish to inform you about the following communication received from TAFISA
Frankfurt am Main, Germany, 3 March 2022
TAFISA stands for peace, mutual understanding, building bridges between peoples and cultures, and working
together to create a better world. Violence is against our core values, and we sincerely hope that the world
will come together and achieve a peaceful resolution to the current conflict. As an international organisation, the ongoing situation affects the work of TAFISA and its members. Therefore, the TAFISA Executive Board has held an extraordinary meeting and made the decision to take the following measures, effective immediately:
- No TAFISA event can take place in Russia or the Republic of Belarus until further notice. Organisations
cannot bid or apply to host TAFISA events in either country.
- TAFISA Membership is suspended for organisations from Russia and the Republic of Belarus.
- Representatives and organisations from either country cannot take part in official TAFISA events, such as
the TAFISA World Congress, TAFISA General Assembly, TAFISA World Sport for All Games, TAFISA Regional Sport for All Games, TAFISA World Walking Day and others.
- No representative from Russia or the Republic of Belarus can represent TAFISA in any function or position.
Existing functions and positions by representatives of either country in TAFISA bodies are suspended.
Representatives of either country cannot be nominated or apply for a mandate as a TAFISA representative.
- TAFISA representatives will not attend any events (physical or virtual) in Russia or the Republic of Belarus
until further notice.
Additionally, the TAFISA Executive Board strongly suggests the following recommendations to TAFISA
- Hosting events in Russia or the Republic of Belarus should be avoided until further notice.
- Representatives should avoid attending any events (physical or virtual) in Russia or the Republic of Belarus
until further notice.
- Representatives of Russia or the Republic of Belarus should not be allowed to participate in TAFISA
members’ events and should not continue in their elected function or position within TAFISA member
It took us a long time and a lot of efforts to extend the IFAA Family of Archers into Eastern Europe and into Russia. Historical and cultural aspects played a strong role, and we were delighted when we received in the last year the membership applications first from Kaliningrad and then from the Russian Archery Federation. It was and is our strong belief that sport unites people. However, as stated in the Preamble to our Constitution, one of our highest value is peace which is the basis of all interaction and this value shall not be compromised.
With respect to the hosts of our upcoming Championships, who clearly expressed their view, which is in line with the statement from TAFISA, and with the understanding that our archers are also supporting the principle of “Zero Tolerance”, the Executives of the IFAA have decided to adopt the recommendations from TAFISA for at least one (1) year subject to confirmation by the World Council and review in one (1) year from now.
This is applicable to all full members, associated and temporary members as well as to all corporate members with immediate effect. Accordingly, all pending affiliation processes will be suspended as well.